Call for Special Issues
This is an open call to receive special issues proposals for NOvation: Critical Studies of Innovation (see www.csiic.ca).
We are encouraging contributions that aim to rethink and debunk narratives of innovation in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) and Science, Technology and Society (STS). By adopting a counter-hegemonic perspective on the study of innovation in its several dimensions (i.e.: from economics and development to cultural values and social movements, through governance policies and politics), we intend to inspire critical accounts normally disregarded by the mainstream literature on innovation.
The above areas represent the scope of methodological possibilities:
- Critical analyses on studies of innovation;
- Discourse analysis: deconstructing actors’ rhetoric, policy-makers’ frameworks and scholars’ theories;
- Intellectual history: documenting scholars’ theories and trajectories;
- Conceptual history: studying the concepts used in the field, the traveling of concepts among fields (academic and public) and their transformation into catchwords;
- Case studies helping to understand the dynamics and processes of innovation and to rethink current narratives;
- Contributions to alternative modeling of innovation;
- Other possibilities will be received by the Editors according to compelling argumentation.